Salkantay Trek – Humantay 2 Days & 1 Night
Day 01: Cusco – Soraypampa -Laguna Humantay
Latin America is recognized worldwide for the natural beauties that are hidden in countries like Peru.
These jewels are guarded by the mountains of Salkantay and Humantay, at 4,300 m.s.n.m. Is the Humantay Lagoon located in the mountain range of Vilcabamba in the south of Peru.
This lagoon formed by the melting snows of Humantay and Salkantay presents a unique landscape of the district of Mollepata (Anta).
As part of the route to the Salkantay mountain, you can access walking or mountain biking, as well as lending itself for some other camping activities.
Pick-up at 07:00 a.m. Our transport will take us to Soraypampa (3,800 masl / 12,467 ft.) After a journey of four hours, we’ll arrive where we’re gonna meet our muleteers and horses, from this place, we’ll start our walk, we will have approximately 2 hours and 30 minut for reaching Humantay and snowy slopes of the lake of the same name that retains its natural beauty, it will be our 1st camp.
Day 02: Humantay – Cusco.
After breakfast, we’ll begin our trek of approximately 2 hours down towards Soraypampa (3,800 masl / 12,467 ft.) we might enjoy the most amazing views of Salkantay (6,272 masl / 20,577 ft). B & L. We’ll take the transport back to Cusco.
- Transportation to Soraypampa (place where the walk starts).
- Camping equipment and kitchen equipment includes, dining tents double tents, chairs, tables, kitchen store.
- First aid kit and oxygen.
- Profetional Guide.
- Cargo horses, muleteer.
- Foods(1 breakfast, 1 lunch and 1 dinner).
Does not Include:
- First breakfast. last Lunch
- Sleeping bag.
List of Suggestions:
- Warm clothes.
- Rain jacket & rain poncho.
- Good walking shoes.
- Sleeping bag (plume).
- Flashlight – batteries.
- Binoculars (optional).
- Walking stick (optional).
- Extra money.
- Small backpack & rain cover.
- Personal aid kit (in case you have some illness).