Lares Trek to Machu Picchu 4 Days & 3 Nights
Day 01: Cusco – Lares- Huacahuasi.
Pick-up from your hotel at 06:00 am. Then, we’ll go to Calca, where we’re gonna stop to have breakfast. Then, we’ll pass “Abra de Hualcapunku” (4300 masl / 14,107 ft.) where we might see the most amazing views of Ausangate which is the highest mountain in the region of Cusco (6,370 masl / 20,898 ft). You’ll enjoy the hot springs of Lares. After lunch, we will continue our walk to our 1st camp located in Huacahuasi at (3,800 masl / 12,467 ft).
Day 02: Huacahuasi – Patacancha
In the morning, we’ll enjoy our breakfast to start our walk to “Abra de Ipsaycocha” with beautiful views of Vilcanota mountain range. Then, we’ll descend to Ipsaycocha Lagoon taking view of Patacancha valley which will be our 2nd camp.
Day 03: Patacancha – Ollantaytambo – “Aguas Calientes”
After our breakfast, we’ll continue our trek. From this point, we’ll find farming terraces, and pass Willoq community; we’ll stop for lunch at the village of Ollantaytambo. In the afternoon, we’ll take the train to “Aguas Calientes” staying at our hotel.
Day 04: Machu Picchu – Cusco.
After our breakfast at the hotel, we’ll take one of the first buses which will lead us to the citadel of Machu Picchu, where we will have a guided tour, then we’ll have time to visit and enjoy on your own. Then, we’ll return to the town of “Aguas Calientes”, to take our train back to Ollantaytambo and then transport back to Cusco.
- Transport to Lares.place (where the walk starts)
- Ollantaytambo – Machu Picchu – Ollantaytambo, train ticket.
- Ollanta – Cusco transport.
- Camping equipment, tents, mattress, dining tent, kitchen, tables and chairs.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu.
- Bus up and down to Machu Picchu.
- Hotel in “Aguas Calientes”.
- First aid kit, oxygen.
- Professional Guide.
- Horses or mules to transport the equipment.
- Foods (3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners).
Does Not Include:
- First breakfast, last Lunch.
- Sleeping bag.
- Entrance to the hot springs in “Aguas Calientes”.
List Of Suggestions:
- Original identification documents (passport, ID).
- Rain jacket & rain poncho.
- good walking shoes – also (sandals).
- Sleeping bag (plume).
- Flashlight – batteries.
- Binoculars (optional).
- Walking stick (optional).
- Extra money.
- Small backpack & rain cover.
- Personal kit (if you have some illness).