Classic Inca Trail to Machu Picchu 4 Days & 3 Nights
The Inka Jungle tour is a walk that combines adventure sports such as mountain biking, canoeing, zip line and hiking for 4 days until you reach Machupicchu. The inka Jungle is a favorite tour for young people from all over the world who come to Cusco in search Adventure and sport.
During this tour we can appreciate picturesque landscapes and natural attractions according to the altitudinal floors that we cross. We will pass near some ravines, ghost towns, fruit fields and picturesque streams.
Day 01: Cusco – Huayllabamba
We’ll pick you up from your hotel, in a shuttle to head toward KM 82 (2,650 masl / 8,694 ft.), the starting point of our hike, it is important to present our ORIGINAL ID for control of the Inca trail. On this day, we’ll observe the archaeological complex of Patallaqta, dry forests, the archaeological site of Willkaracay. Ending our walk in the community of Huayllabamba, our 1st camp (3,100 masl / 10,170 ft.).
Day 02: Huayllabamba – Pacaymayu
After breakfast, we’ll start to climb; this is one of the most difficult days of the Inca Trail. Walk uphill to the open Warmiwañuska at (4,250 masl / 13,828 ft.), where we will see the imposing peaks of the Vilcanota mountain range, then we’ll descend to the 2nd camp of Pacaymayu at (3,600 masl / 11,811 ft.).
Day 03: Pacaymayu – Wiñaywayna
This is the longest day of the Inca Trail, but the most beautiful. We’ll observe the different ecological levels of the highlands of the place, the cloud forests and rain forests as well as all tourist sites like Runkurakay at (3,760 masl / 12,335 ft.), we’ll continue up to the pass at (3,900 masl / 12,795 ft.), where we will have a short rest and then descend to the archaeological rest of Sayacmarca at (3,625 masl / 11,893 ft.). Then, we’ll head to Phuyupatamarka at (3,600 masl / 11,811ft.), resting place to take some pictures of the mountains. Continuing on the staircases, we will take a path that leads down to our last camp Wiñaywayna.
Day 04: Wiñaywayna – Machu Picchu
Early in the morning, we will have our breakfast. Then, we’re gonna pass the control/check point of Wiñaywayna where we will be controlled our entrance ticket and then walk to the “Puerta del Sol”, known as “Inti Punku” (2,720 masl / 8,923 ft.). To get a first glance of Machupicchu. Leaving our backpacks, reservoir control, we will have free time. Then, we’ll get back to Machu Picchu to have a 2-hour guided tour, about then, we’ll have free time to visit and enjoy the place on their own. We will take the bus to go down to the town of “Aguas Calientes”, to return by train to Ollantaytambo and then transport to Cusco.
- Transportation to Km. 82 (starting point of the walk).
- Entrance to Machu Picchu, Inca Trail.
- Professional Guide, 2 Guides in a group of elders of 9 people).
- Camping equipment (tents, mattress).
- Kitchen equipment. (tables, chairs, dinig tent)
- Porter’s Group.
- Foodstuffs (3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners).
- Return train ticket from Machu Picchu to Ollantaytambo.
- Ollanta – Cusco Transport.
- First aid kit including oxygen.
Does Not Include:
- First breakfast and last lunch.
- Sleeping bag.
- Extra porter (ask before departure).
- The entrance to the mountain of Huayna Picchu (before making your reservation).
List Of Suggestions:
- Original identification documents (passport, ID).
- Rain jacket & rain poncho.
- good walking shoes – also (sandals).
- Sleeping bag (plume).
- Flashlight – batteries.
- Binoculars (optional).
- Walking stick &(optional).
- Extra money.
- Small backpack & rain cover.
- Personal kit (if you have some illness).