Ausangate Trek 4 Days & 3 Nights
It is the highest mountain in Peru and its maximum altitude is 6,372msn. It is located about 100kms south east of the city of Cusco, located in the Cordillera de los Andes in a stretch called Vilcanota mountain range, corresponding to the region of Cusco.
The attractions you have are Natural Sivinacocha is that according to Inca mythology is born of the Masculine energy that fertilizes the mother earth pachamama.
Day 01: Cusco – Upis.
Pick-up from the hotel at 05:30 a.m, travelling approximately 2 hours and 30min by bus to the village of Tinque close to Ausangate (3,750 masl / 12,303 ft.). Here, we’ll start our trek of 4 hours and 30min crossing highlands and Inter-Andean Valleys with a lot of animals such as llamas, alpacas etc. Reaching Upis where we’re gonna spend the 1st night and enjoy the hot springs.
Day 02: Upis – Santa Maria Mountain Foothills.
We’ll start our hike at the base of Ausangate and Santa Maria where we will see lagoons and Andean landscapes we will be closer to the snowy mountain of Santa Maria. Abounding in the area as Huallatas and vizcachas, here we’ll have our 2nd camp.
Day 03: Santa Maria Mountain Foothills – Pacchanta.
In the morning, we’ll climb two hours until we reach Santa Maria Pass, from which we will have panoramic views of the landscapes. Where we’ll have a view of Ccolque Cruz Snowy Mountain, we’ll descend for 3 hours to reach Pacchanta where we’ll have thermal baths in our 3rd camp.
Day 04: Pacchanta – Cusco.
Our last day on the road, we’ll continue and enjoy the magnificent scenery with a view of Ausangate mountain and the view of the snowy peaks of Vilcanota mountain range. We’ll pass by Cullpaccata, Yamana, and Quinsapugio Mojonpata communities. After we return to Tinque, our bus will wait for us to go back to Cusco.
- Cusco-Tinque-Cusco Transport.
- Team camp tent, mattress, dining tent, kitchen tent.
- Kitchen equipment table and chairs.
- Entrance to Ausangate.
- First aid kit (oxygen).
- Professional guide.
- Muleteers and cargo mules.
- Food (3 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 3 dinners).
Does Not Include:
- Breakfast on the first day.
- Lunch on the last day.
- Sleeping bag.
- Entrance to the hot springs in “Aguas Calientes”.
List of Recommendations:
- Warm clothes or a jacket.
- Thermal plume sleeping bag (plume).
- Hats, gloves, scarf.
- Rain jacket & rain poncho.
- Walking trousers.
- Good walking shoes – too (sandals).
- Mineral water & purification tablets (optional).
- Flashlight – batteries.
- Lip gloss.
- Binoculars (optional).
- Walking sticks with protector (optional).
- Small backpack & rain cover.
- Personal kit (if you have some illness).
- Extra money.